Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer is HERE!


But you wouldn't know it with the 71 degrees we had today. It is fantastic weather.

Look what has been in my backyard - a baby deer. Fun to watch him or her lay there during the day.




I have a new addiction - my beautiful Lendrum spinning wheel. And I have spun my first yarn-not the best job but I am tickled with it. It is Coopworth.

I am working on getting a more even yarn. Currently I am spinning some BFL. Hopefully I will improve while I participate in the Tour de Fleece. My hope is that by spinning every day, I will learn to spin consistent.

It has been kind of quiet here this summer. M is at his grannies, S is at Governor's Scholar for the Arts. SO it has just been D and I. Nice but quieter than I am used to.

Oh, and since I have last posted - I have a full time job as well. I am working at The Woolery. I really like my job.

Off to pack up my wheel for our trip to the lake this weekend.

No comments: